Sunday 26 August 2007

260807 Funny sort of a Sunday

Funny sort of a day - got up earlyish, had ususal yogurt surprise for brek, did about 10 miles on bike or so which was okay. We had said we were going to Alstonefield to a car boot sale (yes, they still have them even with Ebay and what have you, the car boot is going strong!). We got a few bargains, PJ is building a model stealth bomber as I type this in, and I got some three A4 picture frames for a pound (a pound!) so have been doing a collage of Mallorca pictures in them - good stuff, if a little time consuming.

Lunchtime, we went to a wetherspoons that's opened in Uttoxeter. Wetherspoons is a pub chain that do very, very competitive pricing on food and drink to the extent that you might call them cheap. In my view it'd be a mistake to call them that because the service is actually very good, Phil fancied sausage and mash but had a bit of thing about them doing some funny gravy with it according to the menu, so we said this to the gal taking the order and she said we can do normal gravy in a jug for him if that'd be okay - all this goes into some sort of computer system so I'd imagine there's some sort of narrative to allow them to add notes to each item on an order - very good anyway. I had a mixed grill and left the chips - gammon, beef, pork, lamb and sausage most of which I'd say were in the main free on an original day and veg of course. Lucy had chicken nuggeta which is pretty run of the mill kids stuff but they upped the ante here as well though, in giving kids a little Del Monte bag of apple slices and grapes (which as Lucy didn't want - I took care of). Great. All good stuff - Wetherspoons are also very good at low-cost alcohol which is a shame as I had diet pepsi (they don't do coke and they don't do fanta I found). The kids had sticky toffee pudding which Janette helped them finish off, they looked absolutely gorgeous but not going there.

We got home and I went to see if I could get some ultimate free food - blackberries. I think I'm probably a week early as I only managed to get a tub full and that was after bombing all over the shop on the bike (well just under 3 miles) - will have another crack next week.

Finally, went golfing for the first time in August and was pleasantly surprised. Hit the ball further than ever have done which resulted in two bogies, 1 birdie and six pars for the nine holes played. Quite a refreshing change!!!

Didn't really have tea as such. Had another yogurt surprise, 4 ryvitas,an apple and a nana and at 9pm am about ready for bed. Am just going to put a cycling post up for weekly stats which I'll update in the morning then so to bed!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam