Thursday 30 August 2007

Job done, back to work in good time

Got up later than last week as planned, had gorgeous SultanaBran for breakfast (it's the future, I tell you). Set off at almost bang on 6am and got to the office for just before 7:45 so about the same, maybe a little quicker than last week. Good news is that I modified the route a tiny bit to miss the big hill upto Pentrich out, I'm now going up the road that takes you to Oakerthorpe a bit then turning up I think it's called Riley Lane which is a bit steep at first but not as bad as the one I used to use! So this morning's ride was non-stop all the way in if a minute or so longer! Avg speed for trip was 13.1mph which is okay over that distance on MTB gear (wait til I get a racer then you'll see some pace!). Route in all it's glory is here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=3803536

Just had a quick look at my stats for the ride and noticed top speed was 39mph which I'd imagine would be at Turnditch - might have to have another go next week to see if I can get 40mph down that hill!!


The Riley Lane Modification missing out Wood Lane (marked in red to indicate extreme steepness)!

Job's a good 'un, as they say. Also worth noting that as planned the 100mile target has been exceeded by 2 miles a couple of days early. Currently stands at 102.76miles at 13.0mph average, total of 7hrs 53mins in the saddle according to the Garmin 205, my trust cycling stat machine.

Motionbased are tight in wanting you to pay them cash to view any routes stored other than the last ten so am thinking of hosting my own routes as it's dead easy to do using GPSvisualizer and GoogleMaps and a bit of freely available webspace.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam