Thursday 2 August 2007

Misquotes and immediate plans...

I got the maintaining quote a bit wrong last week although I know what I meant by it at the time!!! - what I should have said was ... "Maintaining a weight loss is the most under-recognised achievement in weight management". Which I think I termed slightly differently. My Consultant 'C' reads my blog and gives me support outside of the group which is grand and she's put me straight!!

The point is a good one though, 4st 4.5lbs is a good loss and to keep it there after stopping smoking (I've mentioned that a few times,right?) is good stuff. I'm on 4 weeks and five days (not that I'm counting) without any ciggies and I have to admit it's been easier than I thought to stop, the downside is the attraction to digestives (my lord, they're good with a black coffee in the morning!!).

In fact, I'd recommend highly to anyone who's considering stopping smoking but thinks it's too hard to try Nicquitin CQ clear patches - take the craving away and make it fairly straight forward once you get out of the pattern of "it's time for a ciggie now".

Upcoming plans - am going to food optimise as much as I can on hols but ... am going to allow myself some pleasures and allow for 3-4lbs gain. Part of my plan will be to wear the kids out on the beach and in the pool and in the sea, and to get hold of a bike or do some running every day while I'm out there.

Have decided in my head (where else would you decide) that I'm not going to let it all slip after five months. Took me a while to get there but am going to surprise folks when I get back is what I'm planning.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam