Thursday 23 August 2007

230807 Clifton - Somercotes - Even Quicker!

Got up at 4:30, no problem, had a big brek, hit the road at 5:20 got to the office for about 7:10ish (will look at Motionbased.com when have downloaded the Garmin for exact figures).

Cool thing is that on thursday morning I'm already at 94.55 miles for the week! Another wierd thing is that it's 1700 calories burnt coming to work and only 1164 going home - wonder what that's all about?





Faster than last time (avg of 12.9mph over 22.5 miles non-stop is good on mountain bike gear in my view), definitely fitter, only pushed for a short distance on that dead steep bit heading up into Pentrich and then rode the rest of the hill. Didn't even stop for a break.


Derbyshire waking up, view from Turnditch.

Another shot of Derbyshire, early doors!

Links:http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3740135

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed Paul. I didn't even know there was a 0430! What time do you go to bed? With all this exercise, (and I know you eat loads and loads of Free Food) but how many Syns do you allow yourself each day? We all want to know these details please? Can you keep us updated on your food diary, or is this asking too much? You could take photographs of the food too! For some people it's as fascinating as those glorious green fields of my homeland of Derbyshire. Seriously though, the pictures you take just make your blog so great and I for one want to thank you. Great job in so many ways Paul. x

Paul said...

Do you know, I was almost started on doing a food diary on monday as have been pretty darned good since got back from the promised land!!

Will keep track today and post tonight, be good to do today as Friday night used to be and still is drinking night - difference is that it'll be expensive diet coke which I'll no doubt have a chunter about tomorrow!!!!

Thank you for the kind words, Paul x
p.s. Had about half a dozen compliments at the funeral yesterday, a girl from up the street said "there's nothing left of you" and a guy I played golf with a couple of years back was over at the park and he didn't recognise me - "said, what's happened to the chub?" (he's a millwall fan so that's probably as near to a compliment as you're likely to get!!!!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam