Monday 13 August 2007

Sunday 12-08-07 Palma Nova - Calvia - All over the place!

What should you be doing on a lovely Sunday afternoon in Spain, sitting by the pool? down on the beach? watching Eastender Omnibus on the box? Chelsea vs Whoever down at one of the bars perhaps?


No, if you've any sense (read no sense) at all you get on your bike and pound at some miles. The reward is great scenery and no small amount of confusion when you get lost and ask a policeman "Perdon senor, A dondey es Magaluf, por favor" (spelling a I'd said it'ish) which I thought meant "where is Magalluf please, kind sir?" - to which he replies in perfect english to go to the roundabout and take the cycle path to the left!! (This was in Peguera). The cad! If I'd followed that track I'd have ended up in Santa Ponca! At this point I'd been out for about and hour and a half in the heat and getting a bit tired so Santa Ponca was not the place for me!!


Anyway here's some pics - when I've worked out where I've been I'll try and put the route in properly but it was something like straight out of Palma Nova, up the main street, over the two roundabouts and head for the hills and Calvia, quite a steepish start but Mike The Bike's gearing made easy work of it. Eventually you get to Calvia from there you head for Es Capdella, after there you follow the signs for Peguera and once you've been through Peguera which is a sort of Magalluf'ish resort you pick up the Cycle track and head back for Palma Nove, not sure of the distance but probably a good fifteen miles and with hills this is probably not a beginners track but at the same time, slap on some sun cream, load the bike with a couple of bottles of water and you could potter round it nicely!!

Anyhow, am off for another spin shortly before the Sun gets up. Thinking of going down to Illetes again and perhaps a little bit further on.









No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam