Saturday 25 August 2007

250807 Biking Stats Sat morning - need to know how to use Garmin!!!

Went on a nippy little ride this morning. Only problem was the bike computer hadn't cleared out last night's ride so the map on motionbased ain't exactly right!! Anyway I did a solid 18 odd miles that had loads of hill climbs so real good stuff for building strength in the legs.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=3754503

Stats are looking good too - total mileage 122 at 13.3mph avg - have deleted the 7 miler on Janette's bike when it broke down - am dropping it off at Lumbards this morning. Might top up the mileage tonight a bit as well and start making up for not recording mileage in Mallorca (just a distant dream now!!)

Think the calories burned thing's a right load of old rubbish though - am going to have to read manual and see what the theory behind it is. I know that the Garmin knows my weight and weight of bike, my age but is that enough with distance to get an accurate'ish estimate of calories burned, I wonder?

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam