Thursday 15 May 2008

Thursday - proof beyond unreasonable doubt...

Lunchtime post: Have decided that in order to prove to dearly beloved that I’m up to cycling to and from work without falling off I need to put some miles in. So I did a nippy sort of 10 miles this morning in about 41minutes so not far off an average of 15mph which considering the generally unflat terrain around our way I reckon is quite good. I think if I can clock a couple of hundred miles up before end of the month the boss should be happy enough to let me ride to and from work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it not possible to find a less direct route with quieter roads, might be longer but would keep the other half happier? Alternativeley have you thought about driving part way and parking up then cycling the rest of the way? Worked with running aswell for me, although i got the bus rather than useing the car. Not sure about where you are, but I find the traffic around school chucking out time the worst time for cycling in urban areas, worse than 5-6pm even. Slow down take your time, the longer distance will make up for trying to increase your average speed and it's safer too.

Paul said...

Thanks for the comment, she'll come round with time I reckon! The comment re. the school run traffic is very valid though, hadn't considered that. I had thought about asking a company halfway to work whether I could park and ride but I like the challenge of 24/25 miles!! Won't be long.

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam