Wednesday 14 May 2008

Funny old game - golf at Longcliffe Golf Club, Loughborough

Funny old day - felt like a rush the whole thing has. Had planned to cycle to work tomorrow so in the Gym at work there is a hanger with all my work clothes on it, there's a razor and bathroom kit thing in my gym bag so could have a shave and shower. Only problem is that Janette isn't happy about me cycling to work since the crash so am taking consideration of her feelings and not doing it now which is a bit of a disappointment as I'd got an okay from my boss to start at 7:30am and leave at 3:30pm kind of missing the traffic but never mind.

Played golf at an Audi Cup event in Loughborough area at a super track called Longcliffe Golf course. I don't think I've ever played on better greens - super they were. It's a tight track and that factor together with the wind and quite a bit of bad luck on the first few holes got int my head a bit and for the front nine I scored incredibly badly - 8 points from nine holes! Back nine I scored 18points from eight holes. How does that work???

Pleayed with a guy called Stuart from work who is just great company. You won't comes across anyone with a better attitude ever. To give you an example on the back nine he found trouble off the tee and visited the woods. Did it get him down no he says "aaah, I've got a great gap" i.e. I can see a way out of here. He then whacks a four iron through this tiny gap advancing it along the fairway like some sort of golfing Houdini. I love that kind of positivity, wish I had it myself.

Also did a fast 7 or 8 miles on the FCR1 this morning which I only had half an hour for aswas carrying out my meticulous planning for tomorrow bike ride!!!

Hey ho.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam