Wednesday 28 May 2008

British Bleedin Summer Time

Commitment? I'll show ya commitment.

Got up this morning and it's raining stair-rods bouncing up off the garden path. Not happy. Got slow but comfy bike out of shed and did five miles on that beggar. Not much in terms of exercise but better than nothing, and it saved a car trip to fetch papers so better for the environment.

Have to go to Reading tomorrow for a Microsoft CRM 4 Roadmap seminar thing, so bugger-all exercise tomorrow unless I get up at 4am. Now that would be commitment.

Evening update - ramped up the exercise after such a poor start, walked to garage and back at lunch time which is somewhere between a mile and a half and two miles I think (mapped it last week with the edge).

Then at close of play I went to gym before coming home - did 3500m on rower and a load of weights. Then after twenty minutes or so of dire England vs USA friendly on BBC1 I went out for a quickish run. Pace was 8:38 which for me was darned good for an evening run with me tea inside me! Especially over three and a bit miles in the drizzle which was sort of warm especially compared to this morning. So all things considered a better end to the day than the beginning!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning.
Sun's up today.

Have a good day. :o)

Paul said...

Yes, indeed and it's must better. Lord ain't it rotten when it rains at exercise time. All those hours when am in the office it can rain all it likes but not between the hours of 5.30 - 7.00am - them's is my time...

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam