Saturday 24 May 2008

I love everything about ... exceptions apply.

DunnBikin
Just a smidge short of 50 miles on the bike this week. Took it out to fetch low-fat sausages from brother-in-laws who kindly get me a couple of packs a week. They've gone up to £1.68 for a pack of eight this week which is a bit of a blow 21p a sausage! Hard work on the bike and all in that damned wind.


Golf Okay - all things considered.
There was no competition on this afternoon at golf course so just did a social round with John for fun. It was blowing an absolute gale so it was praps a good job there was no card on. I played a cruddy sort of a front nine, couple of pars. Lost three balls on 7th and 8th holes so a very good job that there was no card on!!!

On back nine I went, bogey, par, double-bogey, par, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey so steady enough all things considered. I took the Edge with me to see how far it is round the golf course and it came out at a smidge under 6 miles, it'd probably be a lot less if I hit it straight down the middle all the time but who does??









DunRunnin
Did another five miler this morning fetching the papers. Bit slower than during the week but under 46 minutes so more than acceptable really for a Saturday. Total for the week exceeds thirty miles which I think is probably a first.



Marketing Sucks
How can anyone be surprised that marketing people get a bad name? Ran past Homebase this morning, they got enormous banners up saying "10% discount sale, 10% off everything even items already reduced" and then in smaller print at the bottom it says "exceptions apply - see showcard". How can you so that for a living? Wonder how my missus'd feel if I say "I love everything about you (however, exceptions may apply see list for details)" . When is everything not everything? - when exceptions apply!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam