Saturday 10 May 2008

Good golf

EXERCISE REVIEW
Did 27 miles running this week and fifty miles plus this week on bike. Did some miles with no computer and it lost some one night in the week.


Running record - not bad and look at Friday's run - good pace too.


Cycling record - getting better fifty miles near as damnit this week.

GOLF
Took the TaylorMade R7 out today for it's first proper round. No comp on at Golf Course as the club was entertaining the Ashbourne Golf Club from Ireland. So we played high stakes golf for a poond. To cut a long story short I took the money. Did it with a bit of style and a bit of the usual rubbish, from first hole went par, par, par, bogey, par, double bogey, par, par, double bogey to be out in 40, then did bogey, double bogey, par, par, par, par, par, bogey, quadruple bogey to finish in with 44 so 84 all told so not bad, I found water three times (twice on 18th, once on 9th) which racked up the silly scores. Overall though happy with the new driver but it goes a bit high found it worked a bit better on 18th second drive if I used a white tee, think the thing to remember is to swing smooth with it and don't try to force it.

Done about 8 miles so far on bike, got a bit more to do later. Weighed at work yesterday and was 15st 1.5lbs, my choices. Margaret said the other day "don't let it go" and my first thought was "it's not me it's the food". Made me think though, I can do the right thing if I want to so why am I not doing the right thing all of a sudden. I've never been fitter in my life than I am right now so why let it go?

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam