Thursday 22 May 2008

Running good, weight bad.

Am over the earlier disappointment, weigh-in's not til tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Did a cracking ten miles on the FCR1 tonight, took on some good hills, starting getting out of the saddle again which is a sign that the wrists are fixed. Still braking a lot on the downhills that's probably a good thing. Top speed around 30 mph, Good fun all the same.





Hacked off this morning to say the least, scales say 15st 1lb which is two and a half pounds up on Monday and means that at present I've lost zero since last week despite being bloody good (or at least a damn sight better) all week. AAAAaAAaaaggggHHHH

On the positive side ran 5.03 miles in 42:51 this morning which is quickest for a while and a gnat's whisker off eight and a half min miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I've been lurking on this blog for inspiration in my own attempts to lose weight/get fit. I came here from Frank Kinlan's Blog.

Why aren't you losing any weight? (I know that's what you want to know too). It's just that you seem to me to be a bit of a star. I'm seriously impressed with the running. The cycling eaqually and even the golf. You and I both know that a pound is 3,500 calories and we know about plateuaing but I'm non-plussed as to why your weight's drifting up. Are you stuffing your face?

Anyway, hello, good work, well done and thanks for an interesting blog.

Mark, a passer-by.

Paul said...

Hi Mark, glad someone reads this stuff. I keep doing it cause if I don't record it I reckon I'll go right off the radar again! Seriously the other night I cocked up with two bowls of cornflakes but other than that I have been pretty good. What I'm wondering about at the moment is if I'm not overdoing the fruit, thus far today I've had five apples and four bananas which I think is about 600 kcals worth could be wrong? I don't know? I'm happy really, just that monday I was 2lbs plus down and expected to extend that by another pound over the week. Such is life.

Thanks for passing by.
Paul
p.s. the golf is not something to be impressed by!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading...are you kidding?

Best giggle of the day, just discovered you're a determined Capricorn - like what else is there to say?
Apart from don’t push it too far… even us goats get to the top at some stage, we just don't always realise we already got there. LOL

Paul said...

Hey, I don't buy into this star sign stuff, that said me and all the other capricorns I know do tend to be cautious and worry about doing things right rather than just doing things. Do you find that. On saying that what do you mean am I kidding, the answer to that is yes, constantly!!

Thanks for the comment!!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam