Saturday 3 November 2007

Winter league golf starts!

Sign of the time of year! Winter league golf started today and my golfing partner John and me took on a pair who we've played a number of times in the past. First thing was that they didn't recognise me on the first tee - cool or what!!

Barry and Nick both played well but did they play good enough?? No they didnae. Me and John managed to beat em 2 and 1 shaking hands on the 17th which was a good start and in fairness to ourselves we were never behind and at one stage we were 3-up. It had gone a bit awry on the back nine when they got back to all square on the fourteenth. It went back our way when on the fifteenth I made par and Barry had a ten footer for birdie which he missed and then on the next hole both Barry and myself had putts for birdie I sunk mine and Barry didn't - back to 1-up. On the par-17th I manage to totally cock it up but John was still in the hole but in the bunker for three. After playing out of the bunker he had a big putt of maybe fifteen foot and made it. 2-up and thank you very much!!

Good start. Was going out on the bike again but stepped outside and it was freezin so came back in again - will do a big un in the morning if I get up early enough!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam