Tuesday 13 November 2007

Tuesday Post

Did a 7 mile run this morning on me little spindly legs. 5.2 mph average (8.36km/h) which ain’t overly fast but the important thing for me is that am making it a little bit longer each time and it ain’t walking – last week it was quarter marathon distance (6.5miles) now we’re up to 7.1miles which I reckon is dead good. If I can do one that covers 8 miles then that's my fifteen mile weekly running target met.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=4438861

Am getting over disappointment of Bike Shop saying they can’t sell me the bike they advertised. £450 was a lot to spend on a bike anyway. So there you go. The potentially good thing is I found a thing that the goverment is pushing where your employer buys the employee (you) the bike, the employer then hires it to you for 12 months, the employee pays for the hire by a salary deduction which saves the employee n.i. and p.a.y.e on the deduction, the employer gets VAT back on purchase, saves employer n.i. contribution on the salary deduction and gets happier healthier employees (although potentially sweatier employees I suppose so not all good news). Goverment gets less clogged up roads, healthier less obese public, less load on NHS apart from the road traffic accidents! Anyway seems a good thing to me!
Finally (almost) went to Doctors this evening (appointment at 5:10, saw him at 5:55 - nipped into town and got me hair cut before going in - bonus!!). Anyway he was well impressed - blood pressure really in control 130/80 when he measured it, and according to his scales I was smidge over 14st which was good (if incorrect). His records say that I was 124KG in 2005 and now today was 90KG so a loss of over 5 stone from my worse ever weight, so he's chuffed to bits. Was talking about reducing medication I'm on next February if I can keep to same weight (he said it in a nice way but it was still a challenge I'm going to take)!!!
Finally (penultimate one), went out about an hour and a quarter on the slow but comfy bike got another fifteen mile done so a smidge under 50 miles on the clock for the week, 1 gym attended and almost a half of running target achieved.
Finally, finally, haven't mentioned have inherited some Specialized cycling shoes which cost a fortune as cousin and cousin's hubby are moving to France and leaving some stuff behind (just a shame he hasn't left his carbon fibre bike behind!!!). Anyway, if I manage to remember tomorrow morning am going to give em a try out. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More importantly did he leave you the pedals & cleats?

Paul said...

Unfortunately not, at the minute am only on the mountain bikes so not a big problem. I take it that the pedals and cleats help then? (note - know diddly about road bikes).
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam