Monday 5 November 2007

Biking bad, running good!!

Bloomin lights gave out on me again this morning so had to return to base with less than four miles on the clock which is a bit of a shame as the total for the new week is already 40 miles.


Not a problem, thought I – it’s an ideal day for a run! So ran uptown to fetch newspaper and back in a 3.5 mile loop same as I was doing on the bike earlier in the year. My little lad Phil was up (at 6am!) and being the practical sort he said why don’t you take your bike computer to track your time so I did – cracking idea young man I thought!

So did a 3.5 mile ran which was a solid 37, almost 38 minutes worth of running which begs the question as to why I can’t guarantee getting to the end of a 30 minute run in the gym – maybe I get the pace wrong in the gym, in fact have looked on t’internet and 5.6mph is about 9km/h so maybe the 10-11km/h speed I run at in the gym is out of my comfort zone – might test that out tonight. On saying that am thinking about changing the focus in the gym to weights and away from cardio-vascular stuff – think will keep rower as an “all-over” sort of a workout exercise but might do less of the running. We’ll see. Weight is 14st 10.5lb this morning which is I suppose better than last Monday (14st 12lb) but still not good. More exercise required my man!




No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam