Monday 12 November 2007

Christmas is cancelled....

Got home to find an email from bike shop saying could not supply this bike as it has been discontinued, please contact our sale team to discuss an alternative. I knew it'd happen, said it was a misprice. So am not well-pleased at the minute but am resillient to setbacks!

It's have been too good for me anyway.

Did 12 miles on me old Giant this morning which was nice. Then did 55 minutes in gym, added another minute to running machine and did the 2000m rower challenge in 8min 28.3sec. Did some weights and then went to Darley to pick up bike from me mum and dads.

Met Slimming World man of the year Peter Toakes today, had a brief chat, a real nice bloke, lost 7 stone in about 10 months, he goes to a group in Sunderland run by Wendy George who remembers me somehow(?). I said something like "since August my weight loss hasn't done anything", she said "it's you who's not done anything" meaning (I think) look at what you're doing, sunshine - she's very direct and quite correct (and a nice lady too).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J E James @ chesterfield seem to have some good deals. I've never shopped there but a friend in doncaster has bought 3 bikes from them and has always been pleased with the service. You could actually go and look at what you want, i think the stuff listed on the web is in stock. I'd also go more for the hybrid with the larger tyres, you can always put slighlty narrower more slick tyres on for road work, but the larger tyres are much better for trails etc. A suspension seatpost also adds a little more comfort on the trails. If Derby beat the red s@*m in december it won't matter so much if they go down. And anyway you get more games, more goals and more proper footballing saturday afternoons in the championship.

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

Have deleted previous comment - Winstanleys have come good and are going to honour the deal. So am all happy happy happy again. Only thing is that it will be the 2008 model but it's not massively different so am right please!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam