Monday 26 November 2007

Monday Post 1 - Happy Mondays!

Ye gods, I do love Mondays. Reasons to be cheerful….

Bonus Ball is mine!!
We put 50p per bonus ball into a kitty every week at work and I’ve won three weeks worth of rollover!! Ha Ha. Only problem is Janette knows!

New Paul World Running Record
Did eight and half miles this morning which is my new world record – pace was down a little bit which is a bit surprising as I was going for it in places, was perfectly in time with a couple of MCR tunes off Black Parade (am going to look at pace though Okeover Park where I was bop on). Although in hindsight, my legs were all but done for at the end of it (funnily enough was listening to bits of Van Halen’s 1984 album in IPOD going round which features “Drop Dead Legs” and funnily enough was in danger of dropping dead (at least me legs were)). Still it’s pushing the boat out a little bit further every time. I reckon 10 miles by Christmas is well doable and so am well-pleased, really.




http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4510050


New Cycling Goal and New Cycling Route
Have decided that my cycling goal is no longer realistic with running and gym attendance goals added to the exercise regime so rather than try an kill myself with an unrealistic expectation have decided to lower the mileage goal to 70 miles which is just ten miles every day. To this end have also worked out a new route that is just a single lap through Mappleton and loads of criss-crossing of Ashbourne which works out more or less bang on 10 miles. Tried a version of it last night and it was dead good and have done something similiar tonight as well







Sid , a teacher? What next??
At work have trained a number of managers in using a GIS (geographical information systems) product we developed and have done coaching sessions with small teams in the past but someone’s asked me to teach her to play drums. So gave that a crack today. Tried to keep it simple and in all fairness the girl done good, but by crikey it's hard work - more to come when I get some progress in this newish field!!

Wahey Billy Davies Gone!
Doug rang me up this morning and asked if I’d heard Billy Davies’ had gone. Doug’s a bit upset at the news but I think it’s good. My only concern is us ending up with Steve McClaren but in fairness to him he did okay with Middlesborough even if watching England last week was a bit like watching Derby!!! New manager, bring it on, hopefully we’ll start playing two up front at home soon instead of negative 4-5-1’s!! I'm not sure whether Billy Davies wanted it on Saturday when he had a pop at the new chairman Adam Pearson or whether he was set up to do it as he knew he was going to get the chop. Whichever way you look at it though he's not done well this season and to moan about wanting money to buy in quality seems a bit rich with the club's most expensive signing not even getting an occasional full game but spending most of his time on the bench.

14st 7.5lbs
Weighed in this morning after the weekend and am 14st 7.5lbs so well pleased!! Am thinking about upping the running to three runs a week as I seem to do more exercise time if I run. This morning was a solid hour and a half of running for 8.5 miles which I think if it were cycling would probably have been fifteen minutes less.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam