Wednesday 21 November 2007

Wednesday Post - all fall down....

Blimey found out about the pitfalls of clipless SPD pedals this morning alright! Out on the road at 5:35 which was good as overslept and only got up at 5:20. After about six miles I got to the end of the lane coming out of Okeover Park, about to turn onto Swinscoe hill when three lorries came round the corner down the hill so stopped but forgot my feet were locked into the pedals and timberrr….. slowly fell over onto my right side. No real damage except for a bang to the right knee and a bit of wounded pride and looking on the positive side the incident must have given a right laugh to the lorry drivers. No real damage to me should say, rear derailleur won't go beyond third gear now so am going to have to look at that tonight.

Anyway got fifteen miles done which considering I forgot to restart the Edge computer after leaving the paper shop should really be more but hey-ho will teach me to be more on my game.

Am off to gym shortly then home for tea and footie. If they don't win tonight McClaren should fall on his sword in my view, serious underachievement even if he was number two at Derby when we were in the premiership in the 90's.

Have done the gym again tonight. As knee is hurting have done less treadmill but am going to get back on the bike again tonight and do a few more miles.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam