Tuesday 6 November 2007

Latest Eye Candy - Giant FCR1

The latest apple of my eye is the Giant FCR-1 which combines road bike technology with a comfy riding position. Have found one online, brand new for under £450 which is a bit cheaper than the Trek would have been (was following one on Ebay but it got bought from under me!).




It's described as follows:
This FCR 1 is Giant's Premier Cross Trainer, featuring an Excellent Fluid-Formed AluxX Frame. The T700 Carbon Forks are Lightweight & Strong, and absorb vibrations to reduce Rider Fatigue, with TruVativ Touro Cranks feeding Power to the Shimano 440/105 Gearing. Gear changes are Instant with the RapidFire Shifters and the Excellent Xero XSR-3 Wheelset is Lightweight & Strong for wherever your training takes you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mate!
Anychance of letting me know where you got that price? I Can find the FCR1 for 475 but only the new lower spec model..not the one in your pic!

Cheers

Dan

Paul said...

Hi Dan,
I've not got the 2006 model as shown above but have the spring 2007 model on order with the same discount %. I've ordered from Winstanleys of Wigan who have it listed at £479 but I kicked up a bit of a fuss as they took my order and then said they couldn't fulfil it. You might be able to barter with them?

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/index.html?pageTitle=Giant_FCR_1_Mens_Bike_Spring_2007&pageDesc=The_FCR_1_is_an_Excellent_Cross_Trainer_with_a_Fluid_Formed_AluxX_Compact_Road_Frame_with_T700_Carbo&action=detail&maincatID=0&catID=&prodID=12286&brandID=

All the best
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam