Friday 23 November 2007

Friday Post - Yesterday bad, today better.

Running Goal Done!

Did 7.5 miles this morning which finishes off this week's running goal in two sessions. Kept a steady pace of 5.7mph which is up on last weeks average and meets the same speed as I did earlier in the week. So well pleased



Sorted slow and comfy bike out last night as well. I work in I.T. and when anyone comes to me with a PC problem I always say "what was the last thing you installed/upgraded/changed on the computer" as invariably thats the thing that's caused the problem.

If only I'd followed my own advice with bikes!! - in an earlier post I mentioned the bike jumping out of gear after I fixed a puncture in the rear tyre. I messed about with the barrel connector on the rear derailleur, checked all the cables, had a fiddle with the shifters - all to no avail. Then as I freewheeled across the Leisure Centre Car Park I noticed the bike felt bumpy when there were no bumps in the surface for it to be bumpy! Rode back home and sure enough tyre was not seated properly so did the back wheel again and we're back in business.

Gym Session - 3 Attendances Goal Done

Did 30 mins on treadmill at 9.2 for ten minutes and 9.6 for the last twenty or so - not a big difference in distance but am upping the pace. I did 2300 metres on the rower in nine and half minutes which is over 10% more than I normally do - am thinking of going for time on the rower instead of distance from now on and upping it by a minute each time.

Was going to go out on the bike but my legs are cream crackered so am going to leave it until tomorrow I think. I can't see me getting a 100 miles done on the bike as there's only 55 on the clock at the mo but hey-ho two out of three ain't bad.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam