Friday 16 November 2007

Friday Post - Children in Need fund-raising and stuff.

Friday – funny old day all round!


Went to bed Thursday night with a list of things needed for today in my mind. Meself, David and Alan have been assigned a musical role in today’s Children in Need’ fund-raising at work so I had a ton of stuff to get in car. Amplifier for Alan to borrow (I got a 50w guitar combo for my electronic drums thing). I also loaded up with a bass drum, floor tom, rack tom, snare drum, hi-hats and a crash cymbal and associated hardware and sticks and what have you. Not to mention Gym kit, laptop (have forgotten it before now, let me tell you) and fruit to get me through the day.



Big old run for starters


As it was, I woke up at 4am but that was much too early so stayed in bed until 4:55. Which meant after brek was on the road running at 5:25. Got 7.47 miles done according to Motionbased.com but was wary to make sure I was back home before 7am as we had our one and only ‘band reheasal’ at 8:30 this morning. Ran at a moving speed of 5.3mph (8.5kmh which was slightly up on the last run so all things getting better). And the truth is that it’s getting easier every time I do a proper run which is weird cause the gym run at 9.2km/h for thirty-three minutes (currently, 35 minutes next week) always feels like a trial. I thinks it’s because when you’re proper running you set your own pace rather than have to keep up with the machine. Image below or view motionbased page here.



We're putting the band together...

Considering we never played together before, and Alan and David not played in bands (to my knowledge) I reckon we did an okay job with the time we had to get ready! About an hour and we did about 6 or so songs - "500 miles", "When I'm 64", "Yellow Submarine", "Summer of 69", "Amarillo" and "Hi Ho Silver Lining" and not forgetting a wierd semi-instrumental version of "Hotel California". Anyway a video of the performance exists and am hoping to get a version of "500 miles" (possibly the least shambolical!!) onto Youtube or Myspace or something. Should be Monday or Tuesday I think!

Anyway there was lots of fund raising effort and Slimming World raided £1111.64 at Head Office today - more pictures to follow when I can get some.

El Gringo the Drummer.


Los Bandidos Guitarez


Does the Sombrero quite fit? I think not!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam