Saturday 15 September 2007

Saturday Morning Post - Mission Accomplished

Done a big loop round Ellastone, Denstone, Rocester, Uttoxeter, Sudbury and back to Clifton. Was going to go past Denstone to Alton, then past Alton Towers and down the top road back to Ashbourne but bottled it a bit as it's not a road I'm mega familiar with so went with familiarity and had a good 23 mile run round the edge of Staffordshire and then back home along the A515 to Clifton. Good at the time I did it (i.e. early doors) but I'd say not to do it when the roads are busy. Had Black Sabbath's 'Live from Radio City' on the Ipod which was grand for most of the way and finished off with Rush 'Chronicles' for the last twenty odd minutes. The ride was a cracker and the hills I used to avoid seemed to be not much of a problem at all which is a good sign. The ride took 1hr 43mins at a steady 13.8mph average which is okay, not going to break my neck for speed on a Saturday morning!




Anyway have achieved the 150mile target (see above) I set for the week even if 65 of those miles had to get done in the last two days (that's a good thing too though - means I did it with a session to spare!).

Now have golf set up for 12:30 and it's fish and syn-free chips night as well!! You gotta love them Saturdays aintcha!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam