Tuesday 11 September 2007

Morning Post : More pesky punctures

Currently have a gnat's whisker short of 46 miles on the clock so am almost a third of the way there on Tuesday morning. I got the 12 miles planned done last night which was good. This morning though only got 10 miles done due to getting a mile and a half out and finding a puncture in the rear tyre.
Had two choices push back home and repair it which would take thirty-five minutes (20 odd minutess walk, 15 minutes repair) or repair on spot and carry on. As I've never done a fix on the road and it's one thing that worries when I'm riding to work on a Thursday morning knowing I've got an 8:30 meeting and 22 miles to cover I thought I'll have a crack at fixing it on the spot.
It highlighted the need to carry a 15mm spanner as the adjustable spanner in my mini toolkit is not really right for the job but the upshot is I can use my spare inner tube and have the bike back on the road in 15 minutes - so I ended up getting ten miles on the clock anyway which is a fair result, all things considered!!



Stats for week so far... 45 on t'clock and on the way.


Revised plan - mileage required per session now 12.2 up from 12.0 yesterday due to puncture inhibiting tuesday am's ride

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam