Friday 14 September 2007

Friday Post

Almost Forgot - had to visit Dentist for 6 month check up this afternoon, all went well, no drills just a bit of a polish and on my way. When I walked in he says "Blimey, you've lost some weight, how've you done that?", "Slimming World" says I, his assistant says "Is that like Weight Watchers?", "Nothing like Weight Watchers" says I, "this eating plan works and keeps on working." etc. etc.

Now nothing unusual in that conversation you'd think, except that the "Slimming World" is the first thing I said, normally I'd have said "loads of exercise, eating healthily" etc.etc. or something like that, it's always felt a little bit embarassing to admit you're going to a slimming club or following an eating plan (maybe not if you're a gal but if you're bloke, trust me it's an admission of some depth). The thing is am happy now to say look it works for me, it'll work for you, am not embarassed to say Slimming World has made the biggest difference to me in 40 years. This is progress in the head department...

Evening Post - We're right in there again! Ha ha, done damn near 24 miles tonight which put together with this morning run makes about 40 miles which I think makes the 150 miles for the week well doable now. Been up through Bradbourne, Brassington, Carsington, Bradley in a whopping big loop (for me anyway!).


131 miles on the board (doesn't include five without the computer on board when the stealth packed up) with a day to go, 14.6mph current average, everything coming up roses.



Mean, moody and magnificent (or maybe moderately mediocre!!)



Looking out toward Kirk Ireton I think - need a better camera methinks!

Lunchtime update - have just been looking at Google Analytics for my blog and it reveals a lot of direct traffic coming from Frank Kinlan's blog at http://frank.kinlan.co.uk/ I had a quick look at Frank's site because it's a great site if you're interested in cycling and weight loss (it ticks both boxes big style) and lo and behold there's a link to my blog on it. So have returned the favour in my weblinks. Seriously, Frank describes himself as "A 47 year old bloke who has lost 7.9 stone, 50.2 KG (110.4 lbs) to date through a combination of cycling and the Lifestyle and Weight Management Service" - there's a lot to read but it's absolutely inspirational to me and however good I think I've done it pales somewhat against someone who's lost damned near 8 stone!!!

Got a really solid 16 miler done this morning (15.9mph average!!, just over an hour on the bike) so am well-pleased. The 150 mile target is still just about do-able. I've got 107+ miles on the clock so far and there 5 miles un-recorded when I got the giant back on the road sans computer. Which I reckon means I've got to do three thirteen milers that's Friday night, Saturday morning and Saturday Evening - it's just do-able. Of course if I can do more mileage tonight and tomorrow morning I can make the evening run easier (have got 6 miles of walking on a golf course tomorrow afternoon, remember!!).

All looking good to meet at least one target!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam