Saturday 15 September 2007

Golf - great to dire in a week.

Funny round of golf today - some good bits but a lot of rubbish along the way - would have shot 90 from the whites but got hacked off towards the end! I suppose the good thing to take away from it is that distance on drives that ended up on the fairway were averaging 224 yards up on last week - the bad thing is that accuracy was only 58% quite a bit worse than last week. There was a boomer of a drive on the 5th which was 255 yards but downhill so we ought to ignore that one but I hit another boomer on the 10th which is flat and went 245 yards and on the 8th I went 241 yards - all of which is positive progress. The worry was that slow play ahead got into my head and it took me four holes to get into gear. Scored two points for first four holes and thirteen points over next five holes by way of comparison. Funny old game golf - your best round is immediately followed by your worst round is immediately followed by your best round is immediately ... (ad finitum)


Stats breakdown - some good drives surrounded by utter tat!!

As regards letting the stuff get into my head I've bought a book on the mind which I'm going to try and see if I can get to grips with - think my temper threshold had really come down since stopping smoking - in fact am convinced of it.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam