Wednesday 26 September 2007

Paul Cooking in a Slimming World stylee

Now, then, there's a vicious rumour perpetuated by work colleagues and fellow members that I can only cook toast. This is only half true - it's far more accurate to say that toast is the only thing I can cook regularly without setting off the smoke alarms in three counties! And here is evidence of my cooking skills - page 20 of the new Slimming World book "100 Comfort Foods" has a recipe for a "Bacon burger with barbeque relish", here's my handiwork on it's way. The recipe gives you a burger that is gorgeous and syn-free (you have to use up a healthy extra for the wholemeal roll for it to by syn-free or count it as 6 syns which ain't bad). Not only that but you can have it on a plate in no time at all and the kids like them too (says thirty minutes in the book but you can reduce this time greatly if your mum does all the preparation legwork!!!). In fact it was so good that I had to eat it straight away instead of photograph it so I've took a picture of the picture in the book which looked exactly the same as my finished handiwork (honest*)



* No, really, it did look sort of like the picture. You could certainly identify the wholemeal roll!! Have to work out some way of offseting my carbon footprint now as the smoke created was somewhere between the output of a transatlantic 747 and your average American industrial complex!! This griddle pan thing which by the way weighs a ton really does generate some smoke!
The book is brilliant, by the way, so expect more posts on it in weeks to come! You might even get to see an 'after' photo not borrowed from the book!!!
By the way am expecting to put a pound or two on this week - although the exercise has been good have been well off track food-wise - will be okay again in a week or so though - am not going to beat myself up over it anymore

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam