Tuesday 17 July 2007

Favourite Slimming World Snack

My favourite snack is the common or garden eating apple. Specifically “Golden Delicious” apples which I find to be both sweet and satisfying. Best of all they’re a Slimming World free food and any Slimming World Consultant will tell a member that you should “Fill your Face on Free Foods” (the four Fs!!). But more than that they’re good for you too! The phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” comes with more than a bit of good science behind it. I found this on the “Good Foods Glossary” at
http://www.thirdage.com/cgibin/glosdb.cgi?glos_name=goodfoods&action=view&term_name=Apples

According to that page it says apples do the following:
Lower blood cholesterol levels
Treat constipation and diarrhea
Help control diabetes
Strengthen immune system
May lower risk of heart disease
May help prevent cancer

And it’s my favourite snack – how cool is that??

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam