Monday 2 July 2007

Aldi Rocks!! - Extra Trimmed Bacon - spot on for Slimming World!


Took Phil to Aldi in Derby on Sunday morning (he buys tools for his toolkit every week it seems) and discovered “Extra trimmed unsmoked rindless back bacon” in their ‘Be Light’ range. “Why is this such a find ?” I hear you ask – because Slimming World’s Food Optimising Bible says that Bacon is free if all the fat is trimmed off and guess what Aldi does that for you with this product and at £1.09 for six rashers it’s a bloomin steal. Only 161 kcals per 100g which if there’s six rashers per pack (which I think there is) means each rasher is about 50Kcals. Am going to see if there’s a smoked version next time I’m in but this is a top product for Slimming World members in my opinion. I’ve mentioned Aldi products before now and am thinking of putting together a list - at the minute my favourite Aldi products for Slimming Worlding with are as follows:-



  • Optifit Yogurts with Wheat Grains (have two or three everyday – great and only 29p each. These are just plain ace - syn-free in Slimming World Food Optimising terms and they last much longer than Mullerlites which are nice but not as good in my opinion.

  • Wheat Bisks (Weetabix at 89p for 24 biscuits – Healthy B option)

  • Wholemeal Sliced Loaf – not good really in a dieting sense but ideal for bacon sarnies and better than rolls 59p

  • Diet Red Thunder – stimulation drink. Slowed down on this a bit as on top of the super quality ground coffee I get at work I might end up switching addictions from Nicotine to Caffeine!!

  • Diet Cola dead cheap - not bad and has the advantageous side effect of blowing the stomach up during a meal (this might be in my head but if I believe it it's true!). £1.09 for 6x500ml bottles
  • If you don't fancy coke there's diet bitter lemon or diet tonic water at 99p for 6 x 330ml - can't go wrong!

  • 6 x Golden Delicious – 99p! Absolute essential.

  • Bananas – vary from about 58p for four decent size ones upwards dependant on weight.
  • Don't forget sugar-free gum at 45p for 35 sticks. Spearmint is the best of the flavours and lowest in terms of calories at 1.7KCal per stick - as near as damnit free and a worthy smoking substitue.




No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam