Saturday 28 July 2007

All quiet on the golfing front - wyzatt then?

Simple reason - have chucked my toys out of the pram in relation to my golf club. Our golf course seems to be under the impression that club golfers want to have rough that would put Carnoustie to shame. And by rough I'm talking 12 - 18" high thick grass all over the shop and when your ball finds it you don't even bother to look for the ball cause it's a goner. Anyway coupled with the fact that I've given up smoking it's made me mad as hell with the folks running the golf course to the extent that I sent em a letter of complaint.

And I never send complaint letters (apart from to the toadies at the inland revenue and everyone does that don't they?) so you can see how much it's got in my head! So much so that for the few weeks I've picked up the ball half way through the round and essentially given up (and I'm not normally one for giving in either). Today, I just kept on going and shot 93 off the whites in pretty windy conditions which is like a 22-handicap score really but my heart's not really in it at the moment. Plus, am spending much more time on the bike where I used to be practicing the golf a couple of times at least during the week for a few holes. So no more golfin for a week or three while I'm on holiday. Next weekend am going to see the might Derby County in a friendly against Spanish side Espanyol on Saturday then off to Mallorca on the Sunday - ace!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam