Thursday 10 January 2008

Week 46 Weighin - expected gain arrived!

Week 46 Weighin – 2.5lbs on, 14st 13lbs

Well, I knew it was coming, it's the worst my weight has been since some time in June last year. Not at all pleased with myself but at least I'm confident of seeing it come down next week. The 2.5lbs on is the result of Christmas and New Year I believe as this week I've been pretty hard at it exercise and diet-wise. If there's not a good loss next week I'll know I've got a serious problem somewhere and I don't think that's the case at all. So unlike in the past am not psyched out at all by this temporary setback/blip/what have you.

Anyway there is some good stuff this week:- blood pressure – a gradual decrease overall and a much better diastolic reading (the diastolic arterial pressure is the lowest pressure reading and is always quoted as the second reading, the systolic one is the higher one comes first – doctor told me the one to worry about is the lower one though so that's one I monitor most!). Before I started Food Optimising back at the start of last year I was getting reading such as 145/107 and 140/104 so to get it down to the last three readings which have been 134/77, 125/77 and 124/77 is jolly good so I can be pleased about that. Interesting to see how much of a difference a lack of alcohol seems to have made to these readings as over Xmas I was getting a bit worried about them. Or it could be increased activity or the lack of rich Christmassy food?? Don't know but will see how it goes! Also worth noting that am running on one drug less than I was back at start of 2007 so that's bloomin good too.

The other thing I'm pleased with this week is getting into this Times Health thing - http://paulsid.timeshealth.co.uk/ Why's it good? Well, firstly it's an opportunity to spread the word about something that I know works and can work for anyone i.e. the mighty Slimming World Food Optimising and good old exercise. Secondly, it's got this cracking exercise tracker that allows you to store details of up to three activities every day. So typically am getting running (road and treadmill), cycling and rowing (gym) into a tracking system – the other cool thing is that am using the machine readings so my calories burnt should be more accurate than the TimesHealth's estimate. It's good stuff I tells ya






Good stuff at Aldi! Fat Analyising Scales!

Have got some fat analysing from Aldi tonight, weighing wise they're 2lbs different from at group and I've had me tea since then so maybe a lb or less in reality. The fat/muscle/water figures as of today are as follows:-

Fat 32.8%
Muscle 39%
Water 49.6%

It doesn't add up I admit!!! But am hoping to report next week that fat is down and muscle is up! Have had a read through the manual and it says anything over 30% fat means a very high fat content so I can only assume I've got it set up wrong. There's two settings normal and athletic and the book says that sometimes it can mistake muscle for fat if it's on the wrong setting so am going to have a look at it at the weekend and see where I'm going wrong. Janette already hates it and thinks it's much too technical - she's probably right I'm not used to it yet I must admit.


Aldi's spec for the scales is as follows:-
  • Intelligent scales that calculate body fat, water and muscle composition using Bio Impedance Analysis.
  • 12 memories to store personal data from max. 12 people (age, height, sex)
  • Validated measuring accuracy: ±1%
  • Weight indication: 100g/0.2lb steps
  • Calculation of body fat, water and muscle composition in 0.1% steps
  • Measuring range: body fat content 3-50%, body water and muscle content 25-75%
  • Input possibilities: age range input 6-100 years, height input 80-220cm
  • Weight unit selection: kg or lb
  • Battery operation: 4 × AAA (included)

Note: they'll do stones/lbs as well as total lbs and kilos.


Note for the visually impaired: picture is not actually of me.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam