Monday 14 January 2008

Monday Morning Blues.

The Half Marathon Plan
While looking at TimesHealth (http://www.timeshealth.co.uk/) I saw a tip for a website called http://www.mapmyrun.com/ which is another online tool that makes use of Google's googlemaps api. The cool thing about this site is that you can search for running routes and there's 27 that come up for Ashbourne. Some ace person has put up some half marathon routes round Ashbourne that I'm going to modify and use for my own training purposes! Click here for the 27 (or could be more now!!). Here's my planned half marathon:- http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/clifton/32211022 It takes in Dovedale, Okeover Park and should have some mega views from Blore, Ilam, Thorpe and what have you. Am looking at doing it in January some time, I've decided.

Good Gym Sess
Did a really quick (for me) 20 minute run at 12.2km/h for 4.19km and 417cals including the cooldown. However, piece de la resistance was notching up the rower again to 6000metres at level 10. 368cals in 25:56.7 which I think was dead good. Never been so knackered coming out of the gym, not never. Got cramps in legs and feet and my arms are still aching at 8:30 so it musta bin a goodun!. On the downside weight is not shifting much, 14st 12lbs before I came home which is rubbish.

Too tired!!
Couldn't get out of bed so didn't get onto road until 5:55. Have got slow but comfy back and so pounded round Mappleton a couple of times, fetched papers, returned home for 12.5 miles although because I didn't start the Garmin Edge until end of Watery Lane it will look like 11.5 miles. Hey ho will have to do an extra mile this week! Have got a gym session planned later am looking to do 6000 on the rower and maybe just 20 on treadmill.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam