Tuesday 15 January 2008

It's raining again...

Was up at 5 and thought I'll hang about see if the rain stops. At 5:45 I thought "stuff it" I'll just go for a ride, but the missus bless her said "you're not going out in that". Honour and obey I thought and went to the gym instead. Did exactly the same as last night 20mins on treadmill at 12.2 and 6000m on rower set at 10. Did 4.23km on treadmill and did the 6000m on rower in 26:51.1 which was slower than last night but then again I was much more tired!! The scales in the gym say I'm 15st which is a bit "pi**y offy" I must say. Not sure where am going wrong - am eating loads of fruit, having you surprise for breakfast. Not pleased with weight but well-chuffed with exercise regime. If it's still chucking it down am going to do another gym session after work.

Guess what? Went to gym after work. Did 32(!) minutes on the rower for 7000m at level 8. Didn’t intend doing level 8 but whoever was on it previously had left it on 8 but as have now got blisters where my callouses were I thought the reduced resistance wouldn’t do any harm. I then did 12 minutes (including cooldown on treadmill but couldn’t do any more as was truly knackered!!). Over the day I did 32 miles plus on treadmill and nearly an hour on the rower for 13,000 metres – proper training that!! Have read on the TimesHealth.co.uk forums that rowing is more mental mind over matter type stuff than physical but I don’t agree it’s physically knackering but as is often stated – it’s a solid all-over workout exercise so I’m sticking with doing these sort of distances for the time being.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam