Friday 18 January 2008

Friday Already? How did that happen??

Friday night. Was just 16 miles short of my cycling target, mileage for this week stood at 54 miles at an average of 13.8 which is not significantly quicker with the introduction of the super fast bike BUT am just getting used to it, haven’t been on any big rides, have only been moseying round Ashbourne and it’s many, many traffic lights and cattle grids!! The average will climb don’t fear, just wait for the bloomin’ summer. Here comes the summer as Feargal Sharkey would say and it can’t come soon enough for me!

Went out and did another 10 miles at 14.1 average last night so now at 54 miles, only 6 miles until completion of cycling goal which will do tonight!!

Finished a book!!
Good news, I said last year was a poor year in one area - didn't read hardly any books and if I did I couldn't remember em. Well have just finished Russell Brand's autobiography 'My Booky Wook'. It was ok, in a way it spoiled my view of him as he's been a wrong un for a lot of his life but it's kind of a story of redemption in that he's sorted out now with help from some good people which he acknowledged in the book. There's some bits I like, such as his determination - "Now - if I want something - whether it's a job or a woman - I will determinedly, resolutely, remove anything that's in the way, until I possess the object of my desire". He goes on to say "My dad's Philosophy was (and I think still is) that life is a malevolent force, which seeks to destroy you, and you have to struggle with it. Only those who are hard enough will succeed. Most people get crushed, but if you fight, in the end life will go "F**king hell. This one's serious. Let him through". I liked that. I liked a lot of bits in it really but there some really open admissions that are so frank it's untrue - all I can imagine is that he's trying to get there before the News of the World with some bits of it!!! So it's a sort of a good read but not as entertaining as his podcast is. Am thinking of getting his standup DVD as well but don't get time to watch a lot of TV so we'll see.





Morning Spin in the Rain
Went for a spin round Ashbourne again this morning. Got absolutely drenched through - wasn't raining when set off but nailing it down when got back. On the positive side I did take on the massive hill near the entrance to the Tissington Trail Ashbourne bike hire which I've only ever done once before - it was no great shakes didn't even get out of the saddle! Top bike!!

Looks like I went slow at 13.8 but am riding round Ashbourne a fair bit more which means stopping at junctions, traffic lights etc. and also went through Okeover park which meant getting off at Cattle Grids (not damaging my precious...).

Am lined up for a gym session after work which means am going to annihalate the gym goal but probably miss on the running and cycling goal - although am hoping weather will give up a bit tomorrow and am going to have a go at half-marathon distance up dovedale and back!




Went for a spin again on new bike again last night - not supposed to in rain but couldn't resist! Bit wet but good fun went up the Derby bypass which is a dirty great long hill and it was almost as if it weren't there. Brill.

Can't believe it's Frday already, this week has flown by.

B.P. not good again 138/86/58 although have run out of one of my tablets so maybe a link there?

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam