Saturday 19 January 2008

Pom tiddly pom pom pom pom pommmmmm ....

Half Marathon Run Done!
Yes, done it, one of the goals for 2008 done, already only 19 days in!!

Fanfare for the common man (who you calling common??) and all that, I've only gone and done a half marathon distance run this afternoon!!!

Ran just over 13 miles in 20 minutes or so under 3 hours which I know is slow but there are mitigating circumstances - for one thing it's up hill and down dale - up to Thorpe, down to Ilam up to Blore Meadows, down to Okeover etc.etc. you get the picture (if not, have a look at the screenshot from Motionbased - elevation gain over 4,000ft!!!). Secondly it's January not perfect time of year for running I'd say.

Anyway with two loo breaks and a stop to take a few pics from Blore Meadowsish area I ran pretty solidly at a pace 11:11 per mile which is slower than normal but I was pacing meself for the extra distance and those darned hills!!!


Shot of route on Motionbased (links below) - 4000ft up and down!


How come I'm out of focus and dark ?


And this shot from Blore Meadows area (entrance to Dovedale in background) is sharp and light??
By the way if you zoom in on this shot by clicking on it, there's a road on the right hand side in distance - I ran down that about 20/30 mins before taking this shot!

Motionbased link GoogleMap Link

Here's a thing too, I asked Janette to run be a bath when I was about a mile or so from home and when I got back weighed meself with no clothes on - 14st 7lbs (5lbs lighter than Thursday!)- I'd take that anyday but don't recommend stripping off at a Slimming World group!!! Folks might not be quite so broad-minded but then again thinking about it SW folks'd probably be up for it (if only for the laugh!!).

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam