Friday 25 January 2008

It's a right handed world...

Call this Exercise?
Blimey, am I reduced to this? Three and a bit miles at 3.3mph avg, yep shanks' pony is it. According to gps it was 625 cals worth so better than nothing.



A Right-handed World?







On diagram above the two bones the hospital is confident are broken are the Scaphoid and the Triquetum. Am going to ask the doctor next week if I'll be able to play the piano when it's healed, hopefully he'll say there should be no problem so I can say 'well I couldn't play it before!!!' - was that a Tommy Cooper gag??

Blimey, didn't think it'd be this hard. Have just tried eating Weetabix right-handed - talk about difficuklt. Think that's a bonus I'll be getting from this experience, in a week or two I should be ambidextrous as having to learn how to use my weaker right hand. Have found can't open yogurt pots or fasten up trousers (not as much of a problem as hospital said to wear shorts so my 'superficial' cuts would heal quicker).

Don't know about them being superficial, I couldn't sleep on them last night that's for sure, benefit of that was that I read Rankin's 'Exit Music' last night, lord knows how many pages but it was a joy to read and very poignant at it's Rebus' last stand as he has to retire from the force and he's got unfinished business to resolve. If you've read any of the Rebus' books you'll know what I mean - he's good but flawed and somehow you connect with his sense of right and wrong and the general wrongness of what he calls the Overworld.

Am working from home today which will be wierd if a little quiet.

2 comments:

Blogosophy said...

Was at the hospital yesterday, my scaphoid was fractured.. sucks. But I'm gonna do the piano-joke! :D

Paul said...

I tell you what, if you play golf or cycle it sucks worse of all. My golf is still a long way off being right and that's over 2 months after falling off. However it does get better after six weeks and I reckon it'll be back to normal in time. Hope yours recovers quickly too. Take care

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam