Thursday 3 January 2008

Poor old Derby / Week 45 Weighin - half a pound off

9:30 Missed Gym
I'd intended to do another gym session tonight but with one thing and another I didn't quite make it. Mainly due to dearly beloved going 'food' shopping after she'd been shopping most of day but also wanted to pop to Boundary, a local drinking establishment to see off colleague Mike. Mike, who is a deluded fan of Nottingham Forest (bless) is moving jobs so he can be nearer his beloved City Ground (bless). Seriously, though he's a good sort and will be missed.


Raising a glass (of diet pepsi) to the deluded and departing Mike!!


7:15pm Week 45 Weighin - 14st 10.5 - half pound loss
This week’s weigh-in is a lie, I tell ya! According to the scales which seem to be fine I’ve lost half a pound this week which will be something like a minor miracle given the sheer amount of alcohol I’ve taken on board – enough for Damien Hirst to float a cow in and then some! So I think it’s going to be a bit like when I came back off the cruise in October and it looked like I’d lost until the following week when there was a big old gain to moan about. Anyway, I’m not displeased at the minute have got 58 miles on the clock and a gym session under me belt and the badly bruised (downgraded from my initial broken meta-tarsel diagnosis) toe is only hurting when I walk on it. Well pleased.





Have got an appointment for a retinopathy screening tomorrow which according to my doctor is the Gold Certificate of eye checking for border-line diabetics such as myself (see - won’t admit am fully diabetic). I think in February have got another one of the diabetic clinic things to attend where they poke your extremities with pins and what have you to see if it’s getting worse (shouldn’t be as I was pretty much tickety boo last time they did a blood sugar test).

7:10am
14 Miles - retraced the same route around mappleton twice and then up park and it came to 14 miles on GPS so there's a half mile or so in the tunnel to add. Not bad guess yesterday when I said 14/15 miles!!

5:30am
Gutted for Derby last night. Played better than Bolton and managed to concede a goal to secure a defeat in second minute of extra time after 90 minutes. We get no luck at all.

Am going to have to do something about the blood pressure I think, it's 131/95 this morning which is the fourth recent high reading.

Off on bike in five minutes - was a bit late getting up as Lucy's been up most of night with a bad cough. Life's fun ain't it??

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam