Thursday 24 January 2008

Disaster Day

Weighin Week 48
Not put it into the spreadsheet yet but am back at 14st 11.5lbs, just half pound loss this week. Still, it's a loss again!

DRAT!!
had to go to a+e as wrist got worse + worse during day. they 80% sure that scaphoid and triquetrum bones in me wrist are broken, can't run, bike, golf or gym and it takes 4-6 weeks to heal - will never look over my shoulder ever again. ever. hacked off in a big way...

Crash Analysis!!
The point I came off is the blue dot on the image below - it's the road that takes you to Kniveton and ends up in Wirksworth. I was going quite quick when come off so I've done exceptionally well apart from making a mess of my new beautiful bike, aaaagggghhh.

Bloomin disaster - fell off me bike, wrecked a pedal and one of them dinky end bar things but other than that the bike has come out of it reasonably well. Me left hand really hurts and have used up tons of dressings and sticking plaster but other than wounded pride have come out of it well. The main thing was that I was wearing a helmet so I can smile about it - no more brain damage than before the crash!! Happened at bottom of hill called the punch, was flying, looked over me shoulder to check no traffic hit a bump or something, sparks, remember shouting "oh no, me bike" and then getting up a sort of walking in a daze for a hundred yards or so trying to work out what to do. My front light's jiggered as well thinking about it, but no buckled wheels and managed to ride it back home slowly and all the mechs are working fine so it's not the end of the world, just hurts all over at minute and especially me writing hand......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crikey Paul!

I don't think I will go fast on mine ever again!

I know what you mean thou, these Road Bikes (or Racers) take a lot of getting use to - the brakes take longer to slow you down unlike my super discs on my MTB... I take is easy especially on the bends as they scare the living daylights out of me. I tried to go up a dropped kerb this week as I did on my MTB but forgot and the bike scuffled along the kerb - feet stuck in the pedal holsters!

Hope your FCR1 isn't too damaged!!

Paul said...

hI STEVE

BIKE 95% FINE, HAVE MY BROKE WRIST IN 2 PLACES THOUGH I FOUND OUT THIS AFTERNOON

THANKS FOR DROPPING ME A LINE

ALL THE BEST

PAUL

Anonymous said...

4-6 weeks, I'm sure you'll find some type of exercise that you can do in that time, you can row 1 handed, or spin. Keep looking over your shoulder, i know it's bad but you're still here. Not looking over your shoulder could have resulted in something not worth thinking about.

Paul said...

walking looks like being it! i'll praps rephrase it to "never ever look over you're shoulder when doing 30mph down a hill in the dark!!!!

Cheers for the comment!!!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam