Sunday 8 June 2008

Half Marathon Distance for a second time


Somewhere between Thorpe and Tissington.

Ran half marathon distance this morning, was good, lovely weather, scenery, can't talk now, got to take Lucy out on bike. There truly is no rest for the wicked.


Check the gradient profile on the motionbased page above!!! Bit of a hill there methinks.

Right, ten minute break in mowing the lawns. Got up at 7am this morning, out on run at 7:30am, funny thing was that as am used to being up at 5:30 in the week for my running 7am feels like a mega lie-in. Bloomin grand start. Anyway, ran out through edge of Mayfield, upto Okeover Park, edge of Mappleton, turn left and head for Thorpe, took that picture of Thorpe going up the hill about half a mile from Mappleton. Then after Thorpe instead of joining the trail I turned left and followed the road round and over the A515 into Tissington village which is an absolutely gorgeous little place, if in Derbyshire take the time to have a look, it's lovely. Then down the trail for a bit and as I'd got nine miles on the clock I started thinking you might as well do 13 as ten or 11 and make it into a half marathon. Which is what I did and it was a blast really, didn't hurt anything like the first time so am please. Will have a look at the time later in comparison to first one.

Had a look at the January half-marathon run and I think a good improvement as pace in January was 11:11 minute miles and today's pace was 9:38 miles. Huzzah says I, and I ran about half a mile further this morning.

Tell you what though, another thirteen miles could well kill me! It's some distance to run and that's a fact.



View of Thorpe from little road out of Mappleton.


Me at the banana stop at Thorpe on the way back down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent work - inspirational! I look back to the start of this blog and what you have achieved is amazing.

The picture of your loaf the other day made me spit my coffee over the monitor.

Mark

Paul said...

Well many thanks indeed, I take it you're talking about my services to breadmaking!

All the best
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam