Saturday 7 June 2008

Wahey Weekend - Saturday - no running!!

Rest day today, at least for running. Have golf at 12:20 I think and haven't practiced at all this week so that should be average.

Have moved all the Sky box around before kids are up so when the installer guy comes next week he can plug it in and be on his way without having to work out the fifty million wires at the back of our telly.

And have just got the third loaf out of the breadmaker. Beginning to look something like I reckon, a little bit more yeast with next one and then we're there!


Golf - hacked off again, played for ten holes at least as well as I've ever played, went par on first, par, bogey, triple bogey, par, par, birdie, double bogie, par for a total of 5 over par for the front nine, excellent start, the triple bogie wasn't as bad as it sounds either. Hit the biggest drive I've ever hit down four, left a steady seven iron in which I pulled out of bounds, a few degrees to the right and it'd have been a perfect shot. Anyway the back nine begins with a par and thereafter it all goes to hell in a handcart. Triple bogey on 11, a nine on the par four 12th, bogey on thirteen, bogey on fourteen, double on fifteen, bogey on sixteen, eight on par five seventeen and on eighteen I didn't even finish the hole. By that stage I was so hacked off at crawling round the golf course for four hours ten minutes that I couldn't be bother to play on.

I had a moan at the golf club last week, sent em an email which they didn't respond to about the height of the grass in the rough we have. They didn't respond to my message but that's not the first time. They have put a quote in the June newsletter that says "Rough should have high grass. When you go bowling they don't give you anything for landing in the gutter, do they?"

Am going to email the quote back to them in context - I think the quote should read -

"Rough should have high grass. When you go bowling they don't give you anything for landing in the gutter, do they?, but then again, they don't charge you seven hundred quid a year to make you wait for five minutes on every shot while some poor sod looks for his ball in a ruddy jungle on every hole? and while I think about it a game of bowling doesn't take four bloody hours does it? my God, I do make some stupid analogies, don't I"- Lee Trevino or something like that.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam