Wednesday 25 June 2008

Personal best to date

Evening
Noticed in the Times that with the astronomic rises in the price of fuel people are taking a third less trips to local shops and that trips to out of town retail parks are right down as well. Funny, I always thought that congestion would be the defining factor in getting more people cycling but I was wrong - pain in the wallet is perhaps going to be the tipping point.

Morning
Did the Fartlek training for second day running and got even better results. Making me think I can get to a decent level of fitness for a forty-year-old. I got the pace to more or less 8 minute miles which is a hell of an improvement over recent times which have tended to be around 9 m inute miles. My target for the next month is to do the five miles in under 40 minutes. I'm very close to it now so it's more than achievable.


Personal best so far...
Rang up Tesco Insurance last night about the claim for the broken TV they said surprise, surprise it's a replacement job not a repair so I should be getting a phone call at some point today.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam