Saturday 21 June 2008

Slimming World Summer Ball

Evening
The Slimming World 'Oscars' Summer ball was really good. Food and company excellent and everything ran well as far as I could tell. Ed Amat from the IT Support team got the employee of the year award to continue the tradition of IT winning every other year or so, top stuff.

Me and the boss as the do...


The show seemed to have a bit more of a business focus this year, and I think some serious points were communicated amongst the fun and awards. A spotlight on the importance of promotion and the value of a solid, positive team were highlighted a number of times.

Meal was good, plenty on menu that faddy eater like me could get away with. Had the melon starter, beef main course and the chocolate pudding which I know sounds bad but it's one night only and I did avoid alcohol completely, nine days to go now!

We were sat right at the back this year so the pics are of the big screens at either side of the main stage. A good do.

We only just got out of the car park for midnight, I think there must have been a concert or something finishing in the middle of Birmingham as everyone seemed to be coming out of the car park at the same time. May have been folks pouring out of the NIA after the Khan boxing match.


Chairman and Slimming World Founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell opened events


and hands over to Caryl Richards Slimming World M.D.


Everything on menu was good for a faddy eater like me .


Morning
Funny old day today is. Am wanting to do an enormous run tomorrow (for me) from Ashbourne to Darley Dale, about 18 miles in all. So really I ought not to run today. However, three more miles takes me to a total of forty miles for last week, which is a nice round number.

Have been using Google Docs to keep a spreadsheet of various facts, I know have just ten more days until the DAFT target of 100 days alcohol free will be achieved which is my maths is any good at all means it'll land mid-week. So will be keeping that going a few days longer I reckon! Also on 355 days of no-smoking so spookily the one year anniversary of giving up the weed and 100 day target of no booze will co-incide in a couple of weeks. Great.

Not only that but have no golf today because it's the Slimming World summer ball in Birmingham tonight so that disrupts the day somewhat! N'er mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad you had a great time. :o)

Menu looks yummy with some veggie options that would suit me.

When I need to diet, I know where to head!

Paul said...

Someone from work said the vegetarian option was very nice, the dessert wouldn't help anyone dieting though and the strawberries dipped in chocolate probably aren't standard Slimming World staples either!!
Take care, Paul

Anonymous said...

Strawberries dipped in chocolate...ooooh let me at em.

Paul said...

Funnily enough there were too many on our table we couldn't finish em!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam