Thursday 12 June 2008

Body Composition and a brand new goal....

Did a slow 10 miles on the Giant FCR1 last night averaging a slow 14.6mph. A bit rubbish that but in my defence it was darned cold last night, there was a lot of uphill in it and I made the mistake of coming down Dobbin Horse Lane which is bumpy, narrow and steep which resulted in me probably taking a couple of mil off the brake blocks I reckon. That’s the problem with unplanned rides you make rash decisions. I love riding the FCR1 though, compared to the mountain bike it’s like a Ferrari to a JCB, total chalk and cheese. What spoils it is the roads round where I live which are very poor, surface-wise. But what can you do? My missus is not one for moving so it’s a case of finding the best route which has decent roads I think. What’s a definite improvement with the FCR1 and my fitness in general is that hills I used to hate aren’t that much of a problem anymore.



Body Composition Analysis
Kelly at our gym gave me a body composition analysis yesterday which although she explained isn’t deadly accurate provided me with a goal. I was connected up with electrodes to right foot and right hand and then a test run in about a second. The results were then copied from the unit onto a sheet which I’ve scanned and is on the image below. It says that currently 20.4% of my bodyweight is fat and the recommended percentage is 13-19% which is damned close so I’m quite pleased on that. In terms of actual weight it says that rather than 19.3KG of fat I should have 12-17KG, which by my reckoning means a loss of 2.3KG to get into range. So that’s my new target to lose another 5lbs which will take me to 14st 7lbs. That’s the goal!

Also worth a mention that lean weight and water readings were fine although water close to bottom end of recommendation. Total weight is 1.6kg over recommended so to be within the recommendation for that I need to lose about 3lbs which is do-able and again not far from 14st 7lbs.



Into the New Routine
New routine ticking over nicely. Up at 5:20 out running about 5:40 , total for the week is a gnats whisker under 33 miles, however it’s worth pointing out that the pace has slipped right off this morning – 9:28 miles. Anyway it’s still training of a sort and the mileage is greatly increased from where I was six months ago which has to be good. Me and Phil went to fetch papers on slow mountain bikes after the run – again pace has slipped a bit to 9.9mph – he was tired bless him at 6:30 in the morning but at least we’re doing something. 24:26 minutes and four miles on the bike is a good start.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam