Saturday 13 October 2007

Weekend Post - Early Gym Session

Got up at 6:10 and cause I get up at 5am in the week it feels like a lie-in (no, really!!). Got to work and into the Gym for 7:20 and had my best and longest session yet, get this:-

Started off with a full half hour on the runnng machines doing 1:2 walk:run program set at 5/10mph which meant a total of 4.1 in distance (think it must be miles??) which according to the readout burnt up 398.5 calories (wonder if you do enough of this sort of excercise you get a feel for what a calory's worth of energy output actually is??).

Then did 3 reps of 10 on the following:-

Seated Mid Row set at 10 (93lbs)
Vertical Bench Press set at 10 (83lbs)
Triceps Pushdown set at 9 (91lbs)
Biceps Curl set at 9 (91lbs)

Finished off with 2000 metres on the Concept2 proper rower set at 10 and there was quite an improvement on the other day's time 8 minutes 24 seconds which I reckon is fastest yet. Total of a full hour with next to nothing in the way of breaks so am well pleased with that!!

Anyway am going to tag all the Gym posts so I can keep an eye on my performance. Expect great things says I!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the running machine readouts are in miles and mph.
I got picked up on it and it turns out they were in km and kmph.
I thought I was going great guns until then.
Regards,
Frank.

Paul said...

Hi Frank,

Just got back from a mini-cruise with P&O that was very nice. They'd got a gym with running machines that have PC-like software running and a window that will show sky tv at the same time. Very good and also confirms what you say that it's not mph but kmh on the running machines!!! Damn those Europeans eh!!!
Take Care
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam