Sunday 28 October 2007

Sunday Post - Carsington Reservoir Trek!

Got up sort of early - takes me a week or two to know whether it's early or not when the clocks get mucked about with! Played golf with Dave, Doug and John yesterday and we did okay in a texas scramble social comp - I hit a three wood onto the Par 5 eighth hole to get us on in two which was nice! We ended up three under which with handicap allowance of 12.3 meant we ended up with 56.7 I think which isn't quite good enough but was a good attempt!

Anyway, speaking to Dave I found out he was a bit of a mountain biker and he mentioned Carsinton Reservoir as being his track of choice. So went up to Carsington this morning in the poxy rain and did a trek round. It was bloomin good fun and I wished I'd done it more in the summer but there you go. Took me a good fifty minutes to do the eight miles but it was really enjoyable and am going to do it again soon - might even go round it anti-clockwise next week!!

Be warned if you're thinking about doing it to make sure you go round in good light and be aware that there's some steep little hills around it too - on the positive side you go through a bit of a pine wood with squirrels, pheasants and all sorts and in summer I bet the views of the reservoir would be cracking.

In the afternoon I've had to suffer a really poor performance by Derby. Billy Davies is looking bad with some of the decisions he's making, really bad. He brings on two strikers in the second half - good choice we're two-nil down, but then he pulls Kenny Miller back into defence - what's that all about?? On saying that he probably ought to start with a ten man defence as the one we got is just not good enough. Not impressed.


GoogleEarth Image of my trip round Carsington Reservoir this morning. Click to zoom in.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam