Wednesday 31 October 2007

Wednesday Post

Things ticking along nicely got another 15 miler done this morning and a further 7 miles on the bike last night after a 45 minute gym session. Have 57 miles on the clock for the week so am well on schedule for the hundred which with increased gym activity is as much as I want to be doing on the slow mountain bike gear. Although the average is going to be down because of the hill climbing ride around Carsington on Sunday the last few rides I've done have all been exceeding 13mph which is not bad for the low-geared incognito - Am beginning to like that bike. Have also been having a 'comment' conversation with an anonymouse poster about what bike to have at Xmas and am now considering these Cyclo-cross bikes - am going to do some research and will no doubt post on that later.

Have now done two thirty minute 10.5km/h runs with no breaks so am beginning to make that a habit. Have brought gym kit with me again to make going to the gym a habit too. Janette is taking kids to a Hallowe'en disco so can do a full-on gym session tonight to make up for the slightly shortened one yesterday.

I mentioned the other day that had started doing a 20 minute walk at lunchtimes to top up the overall exercise. I didn't mention that was after some pedals for the Incognito bike and some mudguards - had emailed a fella on Ebay and said "you've got both items I'm after listed how much cheaper would it be if you combine postage". The cheeky beggar sent me a money request with a whole 50p knocked off the £7 postage so I thought "sod you" and haven't done anything with it. Anyway to get back to the 20 minute walk, first one I did on Monday what should I find by the side of the road but a pedal (I only needed a pedal on the right hand side and would you believe it but it's a right hand pedal (thread goes the other way on a left hand pedal so they're not interchangeable)). So how's that for serendipity??? Okay, it's not the latest Shimano whizz kid pedal but I don't need that so it's utterly ace in my view!!


A pedal salvaged from the side of the road!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam