Sunday 7 October 2007

Sunday Post - turn back from Ballidon

Had a bit of a usual sort of a weekend - rubbish at golf (30 points in a social stableford sucks!), few jobs done round the house, quite a few miles on the bike, and tried out a different route today. Also had a go on Phil's go-kart, will see if can get pic of Janette's mobile - it totally rocks and I hear that rumours of my taking up the sport caused Whatsit Hamilton to lose concentration and take no points from the Grand Prix today (probably just a rumour though).

Anyway rode over to Darley Dale today, which is normally about 16-17 miles but today turned out to be damn near 21 miles! Had checked out an alternative route to my normal one, that went through Ballidon and then to Pikehall, Winster and down to Darley. The reason for this is that on BikeRouteToaster.com the Ballidon route has a 300ft ascent spread out over 5km whereas with my normal route up to Longcliffe you have the same climb over 3 km so I thought that sounds easier. Problem was that when I got to Ballidon all the signs said quarry traffic so I figured I'd have to go back and up through Parwich which I did. If you look at the map though it definitely looks like I ought to be able to get through?? Darned irritating, especially as the hill climb through Parwich was an absolute killer!! Have a look at the map - see what you think!



Link:- http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=4145645

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam