Tuesday 2 October 2007

Major balls-up in the memory dept - 25% non-smoker

Great start to day - got up at 5am

Was on the road nice and early, did fifteen miles in a little bit over an hour. Had written out my morning todo list the previous night and planned to take the Incognito bike to Lumbards as soon as they opened at 8am which I did, going well so far.

Had loaded car up with the Incognito, a spare front wheel and a spare back wheel. Put my fruit in and what have you. Even dropped Phil off at school on my way to work. I'd typed out a list out for Lumbards of things that needed doing - right side crank, rear derailleur fitting, wheels to be put on Raleigh, 7 speed cassette, lots of stuff which I'm hoping won't cost too much but it'll be a grand bike when it's done.

So had loads of stuff done already, got the bike stuff dropped off at Lumbards before they'd really had time to open and communicated the list to them.

Everything going to plan, even got to work for ten to nine which is good going, all things considered, setting off at that time in the morning.

So parked the car up at work, got out, went to the boot - imagine my surprise when found out I had forgotten to bring my bloomin laptop!! What an eejit!!

So ended up borrowing another one from IT Support and worked on some programming on one of the bespoke system for most of the day. Had planned to do this anyway but still irritating - don't think I've ever got to work before without my tools!!

Never mind, was up and running in half an hour. Liz passed on an old picture of mesen and Bad Reputation (a top rockin metal band I was in at the time!) from end of the eighties, so I'm going to post that up sometime soon. Was a big fella back then to be sure!!

Finally it's worth mentioning that I'm a quarter non-smoker now having not had a drag on a ciggie for three months since 2nd July 07, Tony told me in Spain that once you've gone a year you're officially a non-smoker. I ought to thank the government for their assistance but I didn't really want to stop that much and I don't half miss em and I really don't like being dictated to in this nanny state.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam