Tuesday 26 June 2007

26th June 2007 Back on the road again & GPSVIZUALISER.COM

Woke up this morning to the silence that follows torrential rain for hours on end. Good, I thought let’s have the bike out. I’ve also been and got a holder gadget that allows my PocketPC to be attached to the handlebars of the bike – “Why, d’ya wanna do that??” you ask. Simple, it gives me TomTom for when I get lost (which is more often than it ought to be for a nearly-forty year old) and secondly it now allows me to log where I been so I can put it onto GoogleMaps. The first of which can be viewed and zoomed in and all sorts see links below (and is also the image shown below). Note this first route was very much experimenting and I got the position log frequency too infrequent so it looks like I cut corners all over the place. I’m going to tinker with it some more and better maps should be just around the corner!!! Note: the little leg that goes up Watery Lane was because it was living up to it’s name and as I went down the road I realised it was flooded and pretty much impassable so did a hasty turnaround and went through Church Mayfield instead.
I made the map with an online utilitiy called GPSVizualizer.com which is so I ace I made a paypal donation to the Author. You pull in your GPS file and it puts your route on the map. Fantastic. Am considering putting the PDA in my golf bag on Saturday just to see how all over the place I am on the golf course – that’d be an interesting picture! (You can see the Golf Course I play at in the bottom right hand corner of the picture, by the way)




No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam