Monday 18 June 2007

17-06-2007 Two Weeks of Biking Stats



Didn’t update my figures last week as I was jolly busy. Apologies if anyone is even mildly interested in this gumpf being kept up-to-date!!!

I had bike issues this last couple of weeks and had to use Janette’s while mine was in the repair shop which didn’t help in keeping my stats looking good. Bike is back now but crank is still rubbish really (better than it was thought so I suppose that’s something). Think come Xmas time I’m going to get something lighter and betterer but this’ll do for now).

Anyway for week ending 10th June, I managed to do 103.23 miles at an avg of 11.2mph. I also cycled to my parents’ house in Darley Dale which from Clifton is about 18 miles which was good as I’ve driven the road hundreds of time but never actually cycled it until now.

For week ending 17th June I did 83.279 miles at about 11.1 avg mpg. Weather has been diabolical this week but still managed to get out now and again! Avg speed is down cause I'm doing really nasty hill ride which sometimes mean the push-bike is literally that being pushed up hill.

Other cycling news – the Great Notts ride is off – Sean’s been told by his doctor that he can’t ride anymore as the cycling knackering up his knee or something like that and Mike has cried off too. Put that alongside the fact that I’d have to travel thirty miles to Nottingham to do the ride and it’s a no-brainer for me to cancel my participation in this event which is a bit of a shame. However, have decided that I’m going to ride to work and back over two days in lieu of this. The cunning plan is to bring my bike to work one day in the morning and then ride home 25 miles. Then ride to work the following morning (am intending setting off at 5am when it’s nice and quiet which should allow plenty of time to get in to work even if average gets knocked down to 8mph which it probably will with all those hills!

Final cycling news! Have got a helmet that fits my enormous xxl head this week as well but had to pay £25 for the priveledge of being cranially endowed - it's a Bell Triton something or other which is reputedly a good brand. Will post a picture in due course!




No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam