Sunday 24 June 2007

24-06-07 Bike Stats

Met the 100 mile target this week which is always nice. Total mileage 108.99, average 11.0mph, max 37.3mph (think that was on a fairly short hill from Hulland Ward towards Ashbourne on Wednesday night). Am not bothered about the average being fairly low am now tackling a lot of nasty hills (all hills are nasty but some are just plain evil!) and know my legs are stronger as there are hills I couldn't get up four months ago that are no longer a problem so it's all progress in the right direction even if the average is not improving.

Spent a total of 9hrs 56minutes in the saddle which isn't bad - means I'm doing an hour and a bit a day. Have decided that I'm going to start to use the heart rate monitor for a few rides a week just to see what it tells me.

The figures are somewhat skewed by the fact that I rode back from work on Wednesday night and to work on Thursday morning because it was national cycle to work week last week. Hoever, during summer I'm thinking of making it a regular Wednesday/Thursday thing and making it more value by going straight into the gym on Thursday after biking to work. Good stuff what!!

Am also on the lookout for another bike - this time something aluminium framed and designed for roadwork. Have got my Ebay searches all set up to spot something light and local..


No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam